Salary: Around £26,500
Contract Type: Full Time
Hours: 35 p/w
The Communications & PR Manager key responsibility is to generate positive media relations and coverage for the organisation further strengthening and enhancing the organisations reputation with the media, levy payers and other key partners and stakeholders to promote Aberdeen City Centre.
Reporting to the Senior Project Manager (Comms) the postholder will be charged with developing, managing and delivering a media relations strategy, seeking high-level placements in print, broadcast and online media and provide input and support for the wider marketing communications plan and strategy in collaboration with the Digital Communications & Marketing Manager.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Developing, managing and delivering a media relations strategy which aims to achieve high-level placements in print, broadcast and online media
- Work collaboratively with a diverse team to create, manage and deliver cross-organisational, integrated marketing communications and PR strategies
- Coordinate, manage and deliver all public relations activities, working with specialist media agencies where appropriate
- Leverage existing media relationships and cultivate new contacts within business and industry media and have day to day liaison
- Provide writing and editing support for all marketing communication material including all press releases, articles, marketing materials, website, newsletters, e-communications, the annual report, etc.
- Manage media enquiries and interview requests
- Work with the Digital Communications & Marketing Manager and Senior Project Manager (Comms) to plan the overall marketing strategy and plan for the organisation and engage audiences across traditional and new media platforms. • Create content for press releases, articles, newsletters and keynote presentations
- Monitor and evaluate the effectiveness of the BID media, circulate daily press coverage and monitor, analyse and communicate PR results on a quarterly basis to key management for their information
- Manage and identify PR opportunities in line with communications objectives as part of an integrated approach
- Serve as internal liaison to the BID levy payers and other staff resources as and when required
- Review and edit existing communication and marketing materials for effectiveness against the BID Business Plan
- Maintain a keen understanding of industry trends affecting the BID and make appropriate recommendations regarding communication and PR strategy surrounding them
- Evaluate opportunities for partnerships, sponsorships, communications and PR on an ongoing basis
- Produce weekly reports of activity against agreed media relations strategy
- Sustain and nurture relationships with regional marketing colleagues in culture, tourism, economic development and education, championing collaborative cross-promotional strategy
- Serve as part of the BID team, which includes: dealing with telephone and e-mail queries; assisting with mailings; taking and disseminating minutes, dealing with appointment requests and many other administrative activities related to project delivery as and when required
- Administration of databases, archives, shared folders and other information resources
- Representing the BID at meetings as appropriate.
- Confident communicator, with strong written and verbal skills, including ability to write creative, clear, succinct and engaging copy and use the appropriate tone of voice for specific audiences.
- Strategic, creative thinker with experience in forming and delivering strategic marketing plans and managing multiple projects and campaigns at any one time
- Brand management expertise and experience and expert negotiator and buyer of marketing communications services
- Excellent written and verbal communications
- Ability to effectively work under tight deadlines and manage projects independently. Resourcefulness in solving problems
- Excellent people skills and an upbeat and enthusiastic attitude
- Strong organisational skills and keen attention to detail
- Strong computer and social media skills • Knowledge and understanding of relevant media
- Superior professionalism and judgment
- Strong work ethic
- Five or more years of experience in public relations, communications or marketing.
Applications should be addressed to Adrian Watson, CEO, Aberdeen Inspired, Suite 2, 32 Upperkirkgate, Aberdeen, by the close of play on Monday 13th August. Interviews will be held on or around the 20th of August.